To encourage new members to join Beta Gamma Sigma and to remind current members why BGS membership is worth it, here are a few ways to keep your chapter growing!
BGS On Campus
- Keep flyers about BGS current on bulletin boards around campus for new members to obtain information about joining. Consider featuring successful BGS alumni and faculty.
- Order BGS posters through the Chapter Management System to display on campus.
- Hang eye-catching banners inside and outside of buildings around campus to remind students that BGS is a prestigious and popular society to belong to.
- Purchase a Bronze Key for your campus.
- Use informal and catchy phrases via “sidewalk chalk” to let members know BGS supports creative minds and to announce any upcoming BGS events.
- Keep current BGS publications available in all business buildings for current and potential members to learn more about the Society.
- Place “Will You Be Tapped?” signs around the business buildings prior to your Tapping Ceremony to keep the excitement of joining fresh in students’ minds.
- Encourage current members and faculty to sport their BGS pins and other gear especially during February to honor the creation of BGS. We were founded on February 19, 1913.
- Have BGS members and faculty present at all career fairs, freshman orientation events and information sessions/tables to encourage future membership. Use incentives! (Free food, giveaway prizes, etc.)
- Make sure any chapter plaques or certificates are viewable for students in the business buildings (i.e. Chapter Charter, Outstanding Chapter, Honors, High Honors, or Highest Honors Chapter).
- Bring business leaders from around the world to speak at BGS events to inspire future and current members in pursuing a career in the business world.
- Make sure students know which faculty members are part of BGS.
- Post BGS signs on faculty members' office doors.
- Ask BGS faculty to participate in BGS events and the recognition ceremony, and to promote BGS during class.
BGS Off Campus
- Have current members bring Professor Elwell with them wherever they travel, and take pictures to send to BGS Headquarters and your Chapter. Show everyone that BGS is everywhere!
- Use social media to connect students from around the world who are interested in BGS to promote membership.
- Promote BGS on your university’s website. Highlight BGS events, faculty and alumni.
- Send students to the Global Leadership Summit to learn more about BGS and interact with members from around the world.
- Send letters to parents and employers of invited/accepted members to honor the students on their achievement and encourage them to join.
- If there’s a BGS Alumni Chapter in your area, encourage students and faculty to attend their events, and invite the Alumni Officers to your on-campus BGS events.
- Select a prominent, deserving member of your local business community as a Chapter Honoree to promote awareness of BGS among potential employers.