A statement from BGS regarding COVID-19
We hope you and your families are staying healthy and safe during these uncertain times.
Unfortunately, BGS has canceled some upcoming in-person events—but we’re working tirelessly to find ways to replace or modify them for virtual use, so that your membership continues to provide you with the lifetime value we pledged to you when you first joined.
In the meantime, there are still plenty of programs, tools and resources available online!
Here’s how you can continue utilizing the benefits of your membership:
- If you’re unhappy in your career, or you’ve experienced a recent job change, consider the Alumni Career Change Program—the next cohort is planned for later this summer.
- If you’re job hunting or looking for ways to improve your career, we’re launching BGS Career Central in just a few weeks—a hub of expert advice, articles, videos and much more. (We’ll email you when it’s live!)
- Get active on ConnectBGS, our online forum-style networking platform. Share stories about what you’re experiencing in quarantine, the online tools that are helping you work from home, reply to ongoing discussions, or start your own.
- Reach out to an alumni chapter or networking group to find out what events they’re planning on doing virtually—the Raleigh-Durham and Germany chapters have already begun holding online meetings!
- Go shopping (online): use your professional discounts to help you buy extra monitors or telecommuting technology to help you work from home, send flowers to someone who’s ill, or subscribe to a new magazine.
- If you’ve been thinking about going back to school: check out our education partners that are making it easier for you, with exclusive BGS scholarships, GMAT/GRE waivers, application fee waivers and more.
We hope this fundamental change in how (and where) we work will inspire you to discover—or re-discover—all the resources available to you as a BGS member.